STOP! NEW SERVICE AT OLD SCHOOL SURGERY
Do you live in the Mid & East Antrim Area (Carrickfergus Borough Council Area)?
Are you aged over 60 and suffer from one or more of the following conditions?
Coronary Heart Disease
You may be eligible for a new service we provide at the practice called IMPACT. IMPACT is a service which is designed to support you to improve your health and wellbeing. If you are interested please contact Kathryn Gowdy on 02890864455, who will assess if you are eligible for this service.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Urine Samples & Forms - please see further information - Clinics & Services
Success at Belfast Marathon! - please see Further Information - Section 16
Patient Survey 2017 - please see Further Information - Section 14
Do I need an Antibiotics? please see Further Information - Section 1
Blood Tests Requested by the Hospital
The Practice has recently agreed to participate in an enhanced service, which enables patients to attend the surgery for blood tests which are requested by their consultant/nurse led clinic. The Practice has been issued with strict guidance by the Northern Health & Social Care Trust which outlines the following requirements:-
1. The consultant MUST provide you with the appropriate FORMS and LABELS prior to you making an appointment with the Practice Nurse.
2. The blood tests can only be performed by the PRACTICE NURSES within the Practice. Appointments must not be made with the Treatment Room.
3. Blood tests requested by private consultants must be carried out by the private consultant and not by the Practice.
Please note the following information:-
1. If you attend for blood testing requested by the hospital and do not have your forms and labels the Practice will be unable to perform your blood test.
2. All forms and labels are your responsibility and will not be held at the Practice.
3. This service is for blood tests only. All other investigations such as ECG, BP etc. will be performed by the hospital as they are not available within the Practice.
4. All test results will be sent directly to your consultant and will not be available at the Practice. Please do not contact the Practice for these results.
The existing Vision Online Services website [www.myvisiononline.co.uk] is being replaced with a new website called Patient Services [www.patient-services.co.uk].
This change is due to occur on the 21/7/16.
Once the new website becomes operational you will be automatically transferred if you try to log into the www.myvisiononline.co.uk web site.
It’s simple - the newly designed website is faster, easier to use and works beautifully on Smartphones and tablets as well as computers.
What’s staying the same?
You can continue to:
Book and cancel appointments
Order your repeat prescriptions
Access your surgery online at any time, wherever you are.
We recommend that you set up your new online account at www.patient-services.co.uk as soon as possible after the changeover date.
The new website includes a help section for patients and includes user guides and videos on how to migrate to the new website and use the services available. Please click on the following link to access the patient online help (or copy the link into your web browser),
Please take the time to watch the video tutorial "Migrating to Patient Services" on this help website which will guide you through the steps for moving to the new system.
On-line Patient Registration Form.
(Site updated 10/11/2017)